Tuesday, April 22, 2014

And now time to complicate things...

I've been a very bad blogger lately... really, in general I haven't gotten much done lately.  Between a bit of post-first-vending-gig funk (mostly consisting of not knowing which project to work on next, and thereby working on nothing, followed by guilt for not doing anything), and a just horrible stomach bug to start off April, there just hasn't been much to post about.

That's changing soon, however!  I decided I missed being a student, and that I really need some more design training to really make this "having a design business" thing work, so using the magic of the internet (specifically, Coursera) I've signed up for a University of Pennsylvania class called Design: Creation of Artifacts in Society.  One of the course components is creating a website or blog to chronicle the design project you've picked for the the course, and you're allowed to use a preexisting site if you have one... which, since chronicling my projects is sort of the whole point of this blog, works perfectly.  The first couple weeks of posts will probably be a little strange, because they're very foundational blips of design process and also will be horribly out of context for you (some posts I may unpack a little, but a lot of the assignments have word limits, so if I want to go in-depth I'll need a second post), and I'll have to do a couple of weird layout/organization things to the blog for the 8-week duration of the course. 

So, yeah, brace yourself to be a bit confused, but I should have regular (like, multiple times per week) posts with some cool pictures coming... pretty much now.  I'm hoping to turn the Adventurer's Day Pack I posted about on Tumbr a while back into my project, although I'm waiting for the course staff to get back to me on that, since I have about a week's head start (in terms of course structure, at least).  There are a couple other possibilities, like a LARP-safe 16th century style corset (although that may be a bit more time-consuming than ideal for an 8-week course), or maybe some sort of organizer for LARP/sewing/everything stuff.

Oh!  I did this weeks ago, but forgot to put up the link here... my Etsy shop is stocked!  With pretty pictures and everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment